Sunday 6 January 2013

Almost all packed!

There's less than 11 days until we leave for Zambia! I'm super excited. it's crazy to think that in less than 2 weeks, I'll be on a plane going to Africa!

Today we packed. We packed a total of 14 hockey bags, full of books, toothbrushes, canned foods, sports equipment and so much more! Packing is such a production, because we have to weigh everything (each bag has to be under 51 pounds) and there was so much stuff to go through! But we managed.

He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Mark 15:16

This is one of my favorite verses. It reminds me that God's wants us spread his word to everyone, it doesn't matter who you are or what you've done, God still wants you to be his child, and he wants to be your heavenly father. He loves you so much that he sent his one and only son to die for our sins, so that we can have eternal life! Isn't that great?



I raised around 200 toothbrushes! I'm sure they will be a blessing to the people in Zambia. Thank you to all the people who have supported the team, who have prayed for us and donated!




That's all for now,
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment