Monday 28 January 2013

Our last night in Mongu

So, it is early on Tuesday morning and we are now preparing to pack and head back to Lusaka, as our time in Mongu is done.  This means all the packing and preparing for a long trip.   Its seems a bit like we just got here, but my dirty laundry tells another story!!!!  :)

Last night we had a beautiful sunset view over the Zambezi floodplain.  Everyone took a lot of pictures.  There were kids out playing on the sand hill, and people fishing in dugout canoes, and the harbour area was full of activity.  We even met some other people from the UK who have been in Zambia for 2 weeks, and they work at the Eye Clinic, doing eye examinations and giving out glasses prescriptions.

Zambezi River Floodplain at sunset


Rich and Laurie took us to a restaurant in the town for supper together.  We also went to a market and a Lozi tribe craft shop to get some souvenirs.  (I got one for you Abby!) 

This is a picture of my dad and I and a student from the Bible College, Enock Muyeba Ngubulu.  Yes, that's what I said.   He is on his last year of a 3 year diploma program to become a pastor.  He also likes photography, and calls it his "Tent-making".  He likes to fool around a bit, just like my dad, so they hit it off.  I will try to remember to pray for this man.



The team is tired.  You can just tell.  But I think we've all had fun and have been a blessing and have been blessed.  I most enjoyed meeting the kids.  Although I did like working with Greg on construction.  (He did more of it than me!)

We are packing up now, and loading the truck.  I won't have WiFi until later, so I won't be able to post any new blogs after this one.

Pray for us as we travel through London again, and then back to Toronto, CANADA!!!!

That's all for now!
See you all soon!

Kayla
 

1 comment: