Wednesday 16 January 2013

Hakuna Matata

Tomorrow is the big day! In about 24 hours, I'll be in an airport waiting to board an airplane flying to Zambia, not knowing what to expect when we arrive. Our flight takes off at 9:35pm tomorrow from Toronto, going to Heathrow Airport in London, England and then we wait for nine hours, then board the plane to Lusaka, Zambia. After we collect our bags, it's a seven hour drive across the African Plateau. We're even going through a game reserve! I hope we'll see some animals. I'm imagining a place like in The Lion King with all kinds of animals, lions, zebras, antelope, warthogs and meerkats (I hope they look like Pumba and Timone) :)
It means no worries! :)



Hakuna Matata  means no worries. I have a lot of worries right now, like what if they stop us at the airport because we have to many bags? What if someone gets sick? Trusting God is so important with a trip like this, especially with all the details with the flights and such. God takes away all our worries if we trust that He will. I've been thinking about this verse as I've been preparing for this trip:

Psalm 13:5:
But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.

 I'm all packed, I've got six or seven books, some candies and other stuff to do on the plane, including my iPod so I can listen to my awesome music! Rebecca is looking forward to listening to some of my tunes! :)

It's amazing to think about my trip. It makes me think about what God's purpose is for me, maybe He wants me to commit my entire life to missions, or maybe He wants me to be a witness to others. You can't know for sure until God reveals it to you.

I'm super excited, I probably won't be able to sleep tonight, oh well. I guess that will make sleeping on the airplane easier.



That's all for now,
Kayla

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kayla,

    My name is Daniel. I grew up at Oxford Baptist. My parents are Howard and Margaret. Instead of doing Christmas presents this year we contributed to a couple of things beyond ourselves, one of them being this trip to Zambia. So I was delighted to hear that you were writing this blog for us to follow along with!

    Your writing is amazing for only being 14! And so is your faith, what an inspiration.

    Sorry to hear about all of the delays in the UK. Hopefully you guys are in the air now on your way to Zambia.

    Blessings to each of you. May Jesus use you as His hands and feet while you are there. Be open not only to how God will use you to bless those you are there to serve, but also how He will use them to bless you!

    I hope the trip is a rich experience!

    ReplyDelete