Sunday 13 January 2013

Four more sleeps!!!!

The team
Four more sleeps and I'll be on a plane on my way to AFRICA!!! I'm so amazed by everything, how God is working, and people´s generosity and support. I will miss everyone, but I'm sure that I'll come back with so many stories and testimonies of how God is working in people´s lives.

Today was our "Send-Off" Sunday. We all came up to the front of the church and the whole congregation prayed for us. Our youth pastor, Jason prayed for us in the second service. He was going to be on our team, but was hurt in an accident, so he is staying home and recovering. It was neat to see him come out to the church on his crutches and pray for us!
Jason
We also had Doraine Ross from SIM come and answer some last minute questions. She's lived in Zambia for 34 years as a nurse, I guess that's God purpose for her. He has purpose for everyone, we just have to find out what that is.

Isaiah 6:8 “Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.”

 
God knows everything. He knew what your name was even before you were born. He knows everyday of our lives, every second, every breath you take. He is ever present, all knowing. Going on this trip has really helped me realize that.

Victoria Falls- Zambia
That's all for now,
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment